Farewell to Xulhaz – Best Dutch LGBT Short – directed by Larissa Korporaal
LGBT FILMS AND SCREENPLAYS
The New Renaissance Film Festival Amsterdam, has a programme for FILMS of different lengths and genres with an LGBT theme. For a look at the 2020 LGBT programme CLICK HERE. GENRES we accept: Action (Disaster), Adventure, Comedy, Drama (all types), Fantasy, Horror (Ghost Stories), Sci-Fi, Film Noir or Thriller, Documentary, Animation, Dance, Music and Experimental.
There is also a SCREENWRITING competition for Short Screenplays (up to 30 pages) and Feature Screenplays (up to 120 pages) written in the ENGLISH language. All genres are welcome. Please include a biog, a logline and indicate which genre your screenplay belongs to with your submission.
SUBMISSIONS can be completed online through our primary platform FilmFreeway, or Festhome (films only). All film submissions must have English subtitles (if not in English), and include a press kit (year of production, country of origin, a downloadable trailer, poster, film stills, synopsis, genre and director’s biog). Please make sure you read all the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below, before making your submission.
Midnight Frontier – Winner of Best LGBT Documentary Short (2020) – directed by Peter van Langen, Iris Anne van der Aar
Room 16 – Best LGBT International Short – directed by Caspar Muller and starring Canelle Hoppe
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
2. All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
3. The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
4. Unfortunately we cannot offer any waiver of the submission fee. We will not review your work without it. We will not make any exceptions.
5. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL.