‘Medulla’ – Best Thriller directed by Rudi Brekelmans (Dutch Film Academy alumni) and Best Actor Michaël Pas (2020)
DUTCH (NEDERLANDSE) FILMS
DUTCH Films are directed by a Dutch director, or produced in The Netherlands, or realised by a largely Dutch team. This category will have A SPECIAL JURY attached to it, made up of 3 Dutch film professionals. Jury members will be made public one month before the festival. CLICK HERE for a look at the 2020 Dutch programme.
SUBMISSIONS can be completed online through our primary platform FilmFreeway, or Festhome. Please make sure you read all the TERMS AND CONDITIONS below, before making your submission. GENRES we accept: Action (Disaster) / Adventure / Comedy / Drama (all types) / Fantasy / Horror (Ghost Stories) / Sci-Fi / Film Noir or Thriller / Documentary / Animation / Dance / Music / Experimental.
‘Lost and Found in Amsterdam’ – Honourable Mention (2020), directed by Rose Hanawi
‘Samoeraai ‘ – Best Dutch Short (2020), directed by Sven Peetoom
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
2. All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
3. The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
4. Unfortunately we cannot offer any waiver of the submission fee. We will not review your work without it. We will not make any exceptions.
5. PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL.
7. Due to covid we may have to replace the live screenings with an online festival. We will try to avoid this if possible. The festival will organise this to its best abilites, but the festival cannot be held accountable for any technical difficulties that may occur during or as a result of the online screening.