LGBT THEMED FILM CATEGORIES 2018
The New Renaissance Film Festival programme has an area for films of different lengths and genres with an LGBT theme: Features, Medium Length, Shorts, and Short Shorts. All genres are welcome. There is also a screenwriting competition for Short Screenplays and Feature Screenplays written in the English language.
All film submissions must have English subtitles (if not in English) and be completed online through FilmFreeway or Withoutabox.* However if you are a screenwriter you can also submit your script on ISA, as well. For further details and the list of prizes, visit our submission page on FilmFreeway or Withoutabox.
Please include a press kit (short trailer [for films], stills, any links, logline, synopsis and cast and crew biogs) and ensure you read all the TERMS AND CONDITIONS at the foot of the page before making your submission. GOOD LUCK!
Online Film Submission Format
Secure Online Screener
DVD Video NTSC, PAL OR SECAM ALL REGIONS / BLU-RAY NTSC, PAL OR SECAM ALL REGIONS
CD-ROM / .MPG (MPEG or MPEG2) / .MOV (Quicktime) / .WMV (Windows Media)
Screenplay Submission Copy Formats
Text Files: PDF (.pdf) or Final Draft (.fdr)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- New Renaissance Film Festival is hereby granted the right to utilise an excerpt from any film submitted and accepted for exhibition at the Festival for promotional purposes. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorised to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations.
- All entries should be in English or with English subtitles.
- All scripts must be original screenplays for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenwriter to obtain written permission / copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
- The judges reserve the right not to enter into any correspondence after the announcement of the winner.
- The applicant shall indemnify and hold harmless New Renaissance Film Festival from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening videos entered.
- Unfortunately we cannot offer any waiver of the submission fee. We will not review your work without it. We will not make any exceptions.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT SUBMISSION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE, DEADLINES, PROGRAMS, VENUES AND DATES MAY CHANGE. ALL RESPONSES TO FILMMAKERS WILL BE BY EMAIL